[MPlayer-users] bug in FFmpeg?

Alex [CROW] alexcrow at ua.fm
Thu Jul 10 00:34:41 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 16:40, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:

> On Tuesday, 08 July 2003, Alex [CROW] wrote:
> >

> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm currently using MPlayer 0.90 (non-CVS), downloaded as SRPM from the
> > main site.
>
> No, you didn't.
> [...]
> MPlayer 0.90rc5-3.2.2 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)
> [...]
>
> The official RPMs have a version string similar to this:
> MPlayer 0.90-RPM-x.x (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)
>
> I don't think it is very important in this case, though.

:)) I RENAMED IT!!
Actually i modified your .spec -- removed all conditionals
and let configure to decide what to include.
It was LARGE, now it is quite small and i don't bother
checking if i have libdivxdecore-xxx.i586.rpm (or whatever)
installed....

But it seems to me you have created it the way
so it can be easily patched if needed. Did you?

mplayer.spec (c) mine :))

> > The problem is: playback of AVIs compressed using DivX (generally v3)
> > is scrambled. Looks like the display is torn into horisontal linear
> > chunks and these chunks are slightly moving and sometimes overlapping
> > each one.
> >
> > This happens with almost all divx avi movies of high bitrates, fast
> > movements and if using -vo xv.
> > I don;t use other vo because they all go too slow.
> > NOTE: This implies to XVideo ONLY!!! X11 is ok, but slow.
> >
> > All other formats and codecs  (supported :) __go well__ (MPEG1,2
> > QuickTime and WMA,WMV...)
>
> Well, I'm using GeForce 256 with the same nVidia driver version as you and
> have no trouble with Xv at all. Strange that you're the only one to report
> a problem with playing a movie with valid multiple of 16 dimensions via Xv.
>
> And how come your gcc version string says RedHat even though you say you're
> using Mandrake?
>
> [...]
> Linux: Mandrake 8.0 but updated somewhat
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> -------
> XFree86 Version 4.2.1 / X Window System
> (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600)
> Release Date: 3 September 2002
>        	If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
>        	newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
>        	reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
> Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.18-23mdkenterprise i686 [ELF]
>                                        ^^^
> Module Loader present
>
> GCC
> ---
> Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.2/specs
>                                          ^^^^^^
> Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man
> --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
> --disable-checking --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit
> --host=i386-redhat-linux
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5)
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Is Mandrake's gcc just taken from RH or have you installed RH's version?

I said it is "updated somewhat". Well, it is my mistake to name it
Mandrake :)) For now there's only 20% of that Mandrake left :)
I just don't want to begin from scratch, lose all nice configs
i have made. The main problem of Linux is that enormous speed of
its evolution. It is a PROBLEM but it is GREAT in the same time!...
I just can't allow myself to buy new distro each month!!!
And... why RH? I just like it! :) Most of packages (GCC, XFree)
i downloaded from ftp.redhat.com.
Is it clear now?

--
Best regards,