[MPlayer-users] mencoder/vobsubout => garbage in subtitles file

ROED,HAAVARD (HP-Norway,ex1) haavard.roed at hp.com
Tue Jul 8 17:02:41 CEST 2003

Following the suggested method in the MPlayer docs, I try and extract a
subtitle during the 1st stage (audio rip) with

mencoder -dvd 14 -vobsubout subtitles -sid 2 -aid 129 -oac copy -ovc frameno
-o frameno.avi

but the subtitles.sub file contains only garbage (encrypted? font problem?).
Any ideas why this fails? The problem persists regardless of which DVD I
use. When I try and use them with MPlayer, it says they're not in a valid
format.

Haavard