[MPlayer-users] DVD playback problem

Asad Quraishi aquraishi at skyesystems.com
Tue Jul 8 15:04:17 CEST 2003

What do you mean I don't help you?  I'm a new user and am trying to
troubleshoot a problem.  If you cannot help please do not respond.

Another individual replied to my post and suggested that my driver may
have broken Xv support.  Starting from this point I did a lot of
reading.  I was about to download and install the alsa drivers but
before I did I used xvinfo to see what I could see and discovered that
the maximum supported resolution for my card was 1024X1024.  I had also
read that I should try a bpp of 16 (vs 24 which is what I had).  After
reducing my screen resolution to 1024X768 and the bpp to 16 it worked.

Thanks go to Dominik Mierzejewski for his help.  All I needed was a
starting point to start researching from.

- Asad

--
Asad Quraishi <aquraishi at skyesystems.com>
JID: quad4b at jabber.skyesystems.org
Skye Object Systems Inc.
"...helping organizations build systems & software better"
http://www.skyesystems.com