[MPlayer-users] variable bitrate, fixed quality

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 19:19:16 CEST 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 18:49, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
> I want to encode a video with a completely variable bitrate but with a
> fixed quality. I don't want to use a fixed quantizer too, because this

The bitrate is what you are looking for. Using 2-pass encoding will try to
achieve constant quality. If you don't want to constrain the quality, specify
an enormous bitrate (recall that bitrates above some value are not kbits
anymore, but bits, so add some more zeroes) and lavc will do as good as it
can.

--
Ciao, /  /
     /--/