[MPlayer-users] Playing directly from a CD

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Mon Jul 7 02:22:12 CEST 2003

Stefan Lange said:

> RTFM about
>
> mplayer [cdda|cddb]://track[:speed][/device] [options]

Well, I thought that I had built MPlayer without this support, since it says:

Playing cdda://1
Unknown protocol 'cdda'

So I tried to build with cdparanoia, but I seem to have found a bug in Red
Hat's latest release of GCC (segfaults compiling MPlayer with "./configure
--enable-gui --disable-mencoder ; make" which worked before up2date :-(  )

So, I rm-ed /usr/local/bin/mplayer (and gmplayer) and installed the RPMs at:

ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/rathann/mplayer/i686.rh8

Same thing, unknown protocol.

Any hints?

-Peter