[MPlayer-users] FPS or resolution?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Sat Jul 5 23:32:20 CEST 2003

Hello,

First a big thank you to the developers: mplayer is really a great
program. I just discovered this when comparing capturing speed.

Now my question: My computer is too slow for realtime PAL grabbing
(768x576 with 25 fps). I have to decrease either resolution or fps. A
value of 21 fps or a resolution of 640x480 would be sufficient. Now
which value should I decrease? Which affects quality lesser?

And another issue: Grabbing 688x525 seems to be much slower than
768x576. Is this a bug, incorrect measurement or absolutely normal?

Thanks in advance,

   --Nikolaus