[MPlayer-users] Re: Playing xcd image files

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Thu Jul 3 01:27:31 CEST 2003

>>Then, it would be easy to make a
>>bootable and self sufficient movie CD with eMovix or GeeXbox. Of
>>course, only mplayer would read it.
>>

>Nice idea, but if someone gave me a movie that I had to reboot
>to watch I wouldn't watch it.

With eMoviX CDs it is not that you *have* to reboot to watch it, it is
just that you *may* reboot to watch it.
Anyway, the day you'll bring a movie CD at your friend's house and won't
be able to play it because they only got Winblow$ and they don't have
the right plugin or the win playback is just shity you are gonna regret
what you said   ;-)

>Apart from the hassle of rebooting the potential for mischief is too great.

Why? Are your HD connectors *glued* to the drives?
If you are paranoid as you seem to be, you can always unconnect them
during the playback...
Moreover, usually you use eMoviX for your own CDs, I hope you trust at
least yourself ;-)

Cheers,
 Roberto