[MPlayer-users] CVS mplayer crashes with one particular file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jul 2 21:21:42 CEST 2003

Sorting through previously unplayed files earlier today, I was somewhat
surprised to find that one of them causes mplayer to crash immediately
upon loading the file - before displaying even one frame of video.

I've recompiled mplayer with debugging support and run it through gdb,
as requested in the documentation, but am uncertain a) how much of the
output to include in a bug report (all of it? just what's returned from
the three gdb commands specified? what?), b) in what form to send it
(given that the "crashes" section of bugreports.html seems separate from
  other parts... certainly it seems to supersede parts of the rest), and
even c) where to send it to, not to mention d) what other information
(if any) to provide.

I hate feeling like either a rank noob or an idiot - much less actually
*being* one, however briefly -  but both seem to occur with unfortunate
frequency; I hope you'll bear with me while I gain my footing in a not
entirely familiar environment.

--
       The Wanderer