[MPlayer-users] Re: Playing xcd image files

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Wed Jul 2 02:35:29 CEST 2003

Martin Collins wrote:
> I have seen movies from that group that would not play like this. It
> seems some people are creating invalid XCDs.

I've been playing around with mode2cdmaker and discovered that it does
sometimes make images that mplayer doesn't like. I'm not sure whether
you can call them "invalid," since there isn't a standard for what it's
doing, but things definitely break.

Through trial and error, I think I've discovered that problems arise
when too little data is put into the ISO9660 filesystem on the CD. When
I put less than 1MB or two, mplayer doesn' like it, though mode2cdmaker
doesn't complain. So, the workaround may be to just put a filler file of
a few MBs.

Jonathan Rogers