[MPlayer-users] Re: Not able to play TV sound with btaudio

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Tue Jul 1 23:47:07 CEST 2003

Attila Kinali wrote:
>>I would to watch TV on MPlayer with WinTV cards,
>>I don't want use "line-in" by alsa.
>>I'm using btaudio to capture TV sound with /dev/dsp2.
>>When I do "sox -c 1 -u -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2 son.wav"
>>and after, "play son.wav" it works fine.
>>
>>My question is : how to play sound from /dev/dsp2 when watching TV ?
>

> -ao oss:/dev/dsp2

RTFPP (Read The Fine Parent Post). You don't understand the problem. The
poster's /dev/dsp2 is the audio *capture* device on the TV card. The
idea is to read audio from /dev/dsp2 and play it on /dev/dsp or whatever
the sound output device is.

Serial, have you tried using sox to play the audio? How about "sox -c 1
-u -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp"? There may be
latency and skew problems, though. I've also wondered about this, since
I have a similar TV card. However, I've never needed to pursue it.

Jonathan Rogers