[MPlayer-users] Monitor does not come back to text mode after running mplayer

Vijay Gill Vijay.Gill at syssol.ie
Tue Jul 1 18:02:41 CEST 2003

Hi,
    If i use -vo vesa to view any movie, my monitor does not come back to text mode, but it shows the screen as if vertical synchronisation frequency is too much and will go to sleep mode after 15 seconds(is it does if i select too high vertical frequency in windows XP for the same monitor). I have to start and stop X windows to get to text mode again, or I have to use X windows to play the movies which I do not like.
Regards from
Vijay Gill