[MPlayer-users] Re: VIDIX Mach64 xres>1024 Bug?

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Tue Jul 1 17:03:01 CEST 2003

Christian Berger <einStein at donau.de> writes:

> Well widescreen DVDs are 1024 pixels wide.

I dont think so. They are 720x576, but the aspect is stored and used
to scale them on playback.
I'm talking about the source resolution before xv-scaling, not the target
after scaling.

>> I believe i met something similar (but at 1024x1024?) with a Matrox
>> G400, but i dont remember the exact circumstances.
>
> So Matrox won't be much better.

i dont remember the exact circumstances, but since i had a 1600x1200 display
at that time, i tried to sw-scale the video and then display it with XV (just
as a test, i know its silly :-) and it didnt work with scale=1600:1200,
But nevertheless the Matrox _is_ good.

 Stefan Seyfried, seife at gmx.li