[MPlayer-users] BUG: mencoder dvd sync

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri Jan 31 06:26:29 CET 2003

Hello,

I have an A-V sync problem with current mencoder cvs, and am currently
uploading sample files to ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/avsync.
Here's the description.txt file I just uploaded:

I've run into an A-V sync problem with today's cvs that did not exist a
while ago (CVS-021210 works fine). When I encode this DVD (streamdump
provided), audio lags about 100ms behind the video. Viewing the DVD is
in sync, and running the same encode with the old version of mencoder
works fine, too.

stream.dump             mplayer -dvd 1 -dumpstream

use mplayer -ss 35 stream.dump to see that the audio IS in sync. The guy
throws a stake, which hits a gravestone.

The next two files are just the same encodings, the first with CVS from
today. menc-current.avi has bad sync, while menc-old.avi is synchronized
perfectly.

menc-current.avi        mencoder stream.dump -ss 35 -ovc lavc \
                         -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac mp3lame \
                         -ofps 23.976 -o menc-current.avi -v

menc-old.avi            same as above, but with MEncoder
CVS-021210-17:16-2.95.4

menc-current.log and menc-old.log are verbose logs of each respective
encoding.

Thanks for the time,
Corey