[MPlayer-users] Extracting the swscaler code

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Jan 30 21:10:50 CET 2003

Hi

I'm trying to reuse/extracting your very fine SwScaler code
to use it for DVB MPEG-2 to MPEG-4 live transcoding using the
mp4live program from MPEG4IP.

I was wondering if any at the mplayer team could share some thoughts
on how to extract the code ? Unfortunately it is not available
as a library ready for linking with other applications.

I tried to do a simple linking to mp4live of your postproc/libpostproc.a
and postproc/libswscale.a, but that seemed to result in a couple of hundred
undefined references from swscale.o and friends.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ohh, btw. all I need is a fast and option rich library for
YUV12/I420 downscaling.

Kind regards

Peter Maersk-Moller