[MPlayer-users] Trying to install Mplayer on Linux Redhat 8.0

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Jan 30 12:41:02 CET 2003

On Thursday, 30 January 2003, dave wrote:
> Guys
>
> Hoping you can help me with a very simple request.
>
> I'm trying to install mplayer 0.9rc3-2 on Redhat 8.0.
>
> I've installed mplayer-common, but when trying to install mplayer-gui, rpm
> informs me that I need mplayer-skin. Unfortunatly I can't find this package
> anywhere.

Looks like you need better glasses.
http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/#downloads
[...]
What to download?
both versions:

    * mplayer-common

non-GUI version:

    * mplayer

GUI version:

    * mplayer-gui
    * default skin package or one of the other skins are available here
[...]

Links to appropriate packages are there.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/