[MPlayer-users] Wrong framerate in mpeg

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 30 04:24:13 CET 2003

Hi,

> I just found an mpeg file that doesn't play correctly in MPlayer.  It's
> detected as being a standard 23 fps file, but it's actually something
> around 15-16.  When I specify -fps 15.5 it plays fine.  Without any

there is no <23 fps values allowed in mpeg standard. the Xing encoder
introduced few non-standard codes for 12 and 15fps though, but they are
recognized & supported. so if your file plays 23fps it's badly encoded

> options the A-V count is quickly up to seconds.  Is there any way to
> force mplayer to keep A-V ~= 0 as opposed to having to specify a guessed
> fps to get it to work?  Here's the file if anyone wants to test it out:

-mc 0.1

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino