[MPlayer-users] The future of mplayer

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at jasongeo.com
Wed Jan 29 17:04:05 CET 2003

> Juho Vähä-Herttua <juhovh at iki.fi> writes:
>> still your usability just sucks.

-kzm responded
> Not sure I agree with that.  Having everything (devices, languages,
> etc) on a right-click menu is pretty neat, IMHO.

Im 99.9999% sure I disagree.
Usability is excellent
mplayer [-idx] lists of files to play.

What more does one want ?

Integrating mplayer with konqueror is pretty straightforward ,
double clicking amovie fires up mplayer and I can watch it.

> Being able to do simple things simply (ie. mplayer -dvd 1 without any
> need to navigate byzantine DVD menus) is also usability.

Absolutely.

The 0.0001 & of me that disagrees is the part that wants a DWIM option
So that i can simply
mencoder bunch-of-files
and end up with a stcak of .bin and .cue files ready to burn ;)

[DWIM -> Do What I Mean ]

Currently listening to: Rainbow - Still I'm sad

	Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Some say the end is near.
 =`\<,	Some say we'll see armageddon soon