[MPlayer-users] Bugs from rc2 still in rc3

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Wed Jan 29 15:25:12 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 01:23:14PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > cvs [update aborted]: connect to mplayerhq.hu:2401 failed: Connection timed out
> heh
> it worx for me... maybe net conn problem at your side or between

Firewall configuration change it turns out.  Got a little talk with
the powers that be, they're fixing that.

> could youd etalit it? i don't think so.
> multiple meassages are printed by reason.

  switch(x){
  case SIGINT:
  case SIGQUIT:
  case SIGTERM:
  case SIGKILL:
      break;  // killed from keyboard (^C) or killed [-9]
  case SIGILL:
#ifdef RUNTIME_CPUDETECT
      mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_FATAL,MSGTR_Exit_SIGILL_RTCpuSel);
#else
      mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_FATAL,MSGTR_Exit_SIGILL);
#endif
  case SIGFPE:
  case SIGSEGV:
      mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_FATAL,MSGTR_Exit_SIGSEGV_SIGFPE);
  default:
      mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_FATAL,MSGTR_Exit_SIGCRASH);
  }

You can see that starting at SIGILL you'll get the message for the
signal plus all the messages for the ones after them in the list, plus
the default one.

For reference:
#define MSGTR_Exit_SIGILL \
"- MPlayer crashed by an 'Illegal Instruction'.\n"\
"  It usually happens when you run it on a CPU different than the one it was\n"\
"  compiled/optimized for.\n  Verify this!\n"
#define MSGTR_Exit_SIGSEGV_SIGFPE \
"- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.\n"\
"  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and\n"\
"  disassembly. For details, see DOCS/bugreports.html#crash.b.\n"
#define MSGTR_Exit_SIGCRASH \
"- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.\n"\
"  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc\n"\
"  version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read DOCS/bugreports.html\n"\
"  and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you provide\n"\
"  this information when reporting a possible bug.\n"

I doubt you want to see all 3 of them when you get a SIGILL :-)

  OG.