[MPlayer-users] mplayer & alsa: mixer attach error?

Qian Gong q.gong at tue.nl
Wed Jan 29 09:00:41 CET 2003

Hi,

I have two sound cards, VIA on board sound card (/dev/dsp, kernel support)
and Xwave 4000 PCI sound card (/dev/dsp1, ALSA driver). Both sound cards
are working. I use the following command to send the sound to the Xwave
4000 PCI sound card.

$ mplayer -ao alsa9:hw:1,0 sample.avi

The playing is fine but on the console the following message is displayed
repeatedly and fast.

alsa-control: mixer attach default error: No such file or directory

I have tried the option "-mixer /dev/mixer1" or "-mixer hw:1,0" but
failed to get rid of this message. In fact the alsamixer works well by
the command below.

$ alsamixer -c 1

Any ideas? The version of MPlayer is 0.90rc2. Thanks a lot.

Qian