[MPlayer-users] mplayer -xxx help

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 28 23:06:43 CET 2003

Hi,

> > Raw audio - what is "fourcc"?
>
> Well, I never used it, maybe mplayer can play encoded audio without
> headers, in this case you are to specify fourcc (why not codec directly
> using -vc, I wonder?). It may be useful to someone...

because of many codecs can play multiple audio formats (and it decides
format based on fourcc)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino