[MPlayer-users] Playing large frame-size uncompressed sequences

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Tue Jan 28 22:51:30 CET 2003

Hi!

> Ok. Png it is.  Except that I've yet to get Mencoder to
> encode a .png sequence to .avi so I can play it.
> I presume that's what you are suggesting.  If not, please clarify.
> (I'm still an rank beginner w.r.t. Mplayer/Mencoder.)

I tried this :
mencoder \*.png -mf on:type=png:fps=25 -ovc rawrgb -o mfteszt.avi

and it created mfteszt.avi
then I tried:
mplayer -speed 0.4 mfteszt.avi

and it played it back with the speed I liked

Has this already been ruled out as not supported by windows? (i am sure
there are windows players that can play this)

> I presume that Mplayer will load the 4 or 5 Gig sequence into memeory
> and play it from there?  Or can it keep up with the framerate off of
> disk.

With a big enough -cache imho it can buffer it in mem - I never tried though
:)

bye
Denes