[MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive

Rene Bartsch mplayer-users at bartschnet.de
Tue Jan 28 21:16:09 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maximo Ramos" <maximo at violadores.org>
To: "MPlayer user's list." <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive

> Asunto: RE: [MPlayer-users] AC3 + sblive
> Fecha: Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 05:21:50PM -0000
>
> Time to reply!
>
> Citando a  Luis.F.Correia (Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt):
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > Please explain a little bit more how is your setup connected.
> >
> > soundcard - spdif out connected to an AC3 decoder and amplifier?
>
> According to the manual I have:
>
> CD SPDIF connector (in my sound card this connector is not available, very
strange)

> There is a SPDIF Extension, but do I need an external device to connect it
with?

> Sorry to bother with this, but all I wanted to do is to take the best from
my
> sound card ...

At first you should post your setup that we can gather out what you want to
do (in my case I have connected a Logitech Z-680 surround-system to the
SPDIF-out of my SBLive! Player 5.1).

I've downloaded the sourceforge-driver --> make --> make install -->
adjusted emu-script-configuration :

CARD_IS_5_1=yes
(in my case)
USE_DIGITAL_OUTPUT=no
("yes" - or you won't hear anything at a DD-ampilifer connected to SPDIF)
ENABLE_TONE_CONTROL=no
(as you like)
AC3PASSTHROUGH=yes
(ok)
ENABLE_LIVEDRIVE_IR=no
INVERT_REAR=no
MULTICHANNEL=yes
(no)
ROUTE_ALL_TO_SUB=no
ANALOG_FRONT_BOOST=no
SURROUND=yes
(no - or do you want decoding to analogue 5.1 output?)
ENABLE_CD_Spdif=no   # Volume control is 'Digital1' in aumix/gmix/kmix
ENABLE_OPTICAL_SPDIF=no # Volume control is 'Digital2'
ENABLE_LINE2_MIC2=no    # Volume control is 'Line2'
ENABLE_RCA_SPDIF=no     # Volume control is 'Digital3'
ENABLE_RCA_AUX=no       # Volume control is 'line3'

--> my modules.conf loads the emu10k1.o by "alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1" and
runs emu-script by "post-install emu10k1 ?PATH?/emu-script"

After that I extracted a AC3-track from a DVD and used the play-ac3 tool
from emu10k1-package to replay - worked fine, mplayer rc2 and rc3 messed up.

So, if the play-ac3 tools works, your card-setup is fine, rest ist
MPlayer-bug.

Rene

P.S.: The sourceforge-package is the current development of the
emu10k1-driver based on the origin code published by creative-labs.
Kernel-driver is only a snapshot (don't know how often they do).