[MPlayer-users] silly question: where to get divx4?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Jan 28 12:14:01 CET 2003

On Tuesday, 28 January 2003, John Harrold wrote:

> Sometime in January Varas Jim assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>
> | [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> | plf , I don't remember the address exactly, you have that juste to put
> | plf in the google.
>
> i'm sorry jim. i suppose i should have been more specific. my problem is
> that i don't know which package i need to encode video with divx4.

You don't need anything more than you already have. libavcodec encodes
to mpeg4 (which divx4/5 is compatible with). Anyway it's probably the
best codec you can get your hands on.

> i get the following:
> Couldn't find video filter 'divx4'

video _filter_? You must've misread the docs. Be sure to read the encoding
section again or find Moritz Bunkus' dvd ripping guide on the net - there's
a lot about encoding there.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/