[MPlayer-users]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 28 12:11:36 CET 2003

Hi,

> > ok finally i've found the bug. it was a very nasty one...
> > a double free() (remember the zlib bug recently found - same issue)
> >
> > it's fixed right in cvs, please test (hope it's ok this time)
>
> Jep, it's ok this time.

Ok.

> I'd like to implement DTS passthrough as my hardware is capable. Could you
> give me a short overview on how the audio filter chain works for hwac3 or in

The libaf is non-playing for hwac3 or other hw decoding.
It's for processing integer and float PCM (uncompressed) samples.

> general (double-init or what-so-ever)? Seems to be non-trivial in
> retrospective on how long it took to fix this problem...

The problem was that libaf failed to init (since it doesnt support AC3
format) and there was some bug at handling the failure.
But since only hwac3 causes libaf to fail, it was quite hard to debug
without hwac3 hw.

> In the meantime grep'ing over xine's code to find out about DTS, Marcus

Afair it wasn't a big code, just like hwac3. Just a few bit-banging in the
header.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino