[MPlayer-users] mplayer & console @fb

Maximo Ramos maximo at violadores.org
Tue Jan 28 08:04:15 CET 2003

	Asunto: Re: [MPlayer-users] mplayer & console @fb
	Fecha: Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 01:52:25AM -0500

Time to reply!

Citando a  D Richard Felker III (dalias at aerifal.cx):
> > Perhaps he meant to watch something with the movie in the upper-right corner, not
> > in the center (the default) and then switch to other console and do other stuff
> >
> > I have fb 1024x768 and -vo mga .... mplayer shows up the movie in the center, which
> > is something normal and desirable ...
> >
> > However, from time to time you want to watch something and do something else in your
> > console ...
> >
> > So, is there any trick for that? without knowing the actual size of the movie, of course!
>
> If it's no longer broken, -geometry should work. Try something like
> -geometry -0+0. However, keep in mind that if you display fbcon
> mplayer on top of your other work, scrolling may do funny things. :)
> This can be avoided for the most part by setting vyres==yres with
> fbset, but that will slow down your scrolling a good bit.
>
> Of course you won't have this problem with mga_vid, but it doesn't
> support -geometry right now. I guess you could restrict it to the
> upper left corner of the screen with something like -screenw 320
> -screenh 240 or whatever...but that's not quite as nice. I'd be happy
> to commit a patch for geometry support in mga, but only if it doesn't
> break other stuff! So far no one has bothered to work on it though,
> and I don't really care that much to do it myself.
>
> Rich

Hi Rich!

Yes, indeed, with -vo mga the geometry option doesn't do anything :(

I tried with -vo fbdev and it works, but shows the movie in the upper-left corner, not
the upper-right corner ... Something weird is that with -vo fbdev I cann't switch consoles
(alt+F<> doesn't work), something I intented to do in the first place.

Thanks anyway for the tip!

--
Maximo Ramos           Lost in The Land of The Morning Calm

    "I am free of prejudices. I hate everyone equally."