[MPlayer-users] X problem.

Joel Larsson joel at rosafluffmoln.nu
Mon Jan 27 19:22:24 CET 2003

This is quite strange, when trying to run mplayer in X i crashes, or
well it just stops. But in console it runs fine.

If I try to run a mpeg clip in X this will show up:
MPlayer 0.90rc3-3.2.1 (C) 2000-2003 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 4 PM Palomino/Athlon MP
Multiprocessor/Athlon XP eXtreme Performance (Family: 6, Stepping: 2)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
SSE supported but disabled
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx

Reading config file /usr/share/mplayer/mplayer.conf
Reading config file /root/.mplayer/config
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 49 audio & 130 video codecs
CommandLine: '-v'
'/files/Video/Music_Videos/bad_religion_-_21st_century_digital_boy.mpg'
get_path('font/font.desc') -> '/root/.mplayer/font/font.desc'
font: can't open file: /root/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
init_freetype
Using MMX (with tiny bit MMX2) Optimized OnScreenDisplay
Using Linux hardware RTC timing (1024Hz).
get_path('input.conf') -> '/root/.mplayer/input.conf'
Can't open input config file /root/.mplayer/input.conf : No such file or
directory
Parsing input config file /usr/share/mplayer/input.conf
Input config file /usr/share/mplayer/input.conf parsed : 50 binds
get_path('bad_religion_-_21st_century_digital_boy.mpg.conf') ->
'/root/.mplayer/bad_religion_-_21st_century_digital_boy.mpg.conf'

mpeg.conf? Looks wierd, anyway nothing happends after this until i press
  cntrl-c and X shuts down (i run mplayer i xinitrc)

And this shows up:
MPlayer interrupted by signal 1 in module: unknown
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
   It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your gcc
   version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
DOCS/bugreports.html
   and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you
provide
   this information when reporting a possible bug.
vo: x11 uninit called but X11 not inited..

It have worked before, but when downgrading to the rc2 I get the same
problem so I really have no idea when it stopped working (normally i
play files with the dxr3 output from console).

Anyway, if anyone have any suggesions that would solve this I would be
happy.

Cheers,
Joel