[MPlayer-users] mencoder/mplayer kbit question

Mihai RUSU dizzy at roedu.net
Sat Jan 25 16:24:51 CET 2003

Hi

This is probably a very dump question but I wanted to know how does
mplayer/mencoder converts between kbit/s and bps ?

At the end of an encoding I get something like:

Video stream:  929.329 kbit/s  (116166 bps)  size: 636066659 bytes
5475.494 secs  131287 frames

But 116166 / 929.329 =~ 124

Whats does 124 represent ? :) (I tried many encoding with different
bitrates and the 124 raport remains)

I am encoding with XVID 0.9 release. Also please note that if I want
930kbit/s I dont have to issue bitrate=930 but bitrate=1162 (which is
almost 116166/100 :) ).

So is this a bug in my brain, mplayer or XVID libs ? :)

Thanks

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.