[MPlayer-users] 0.90rc3-2 srpm build error - how to fix?

Patrick mpl at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 24 18:55:33 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 18:25, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On a fully updated Red Hat 8 box I did rpmbuild -bb mplayer.spec from
> > mplayer-0.90rc3-2.src.rpm which I got from
> > http://mirrors.sctpc.com/dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
> >
> > The build process stops with the following error:
> [...]
> > /usr/include/pngconf.h:247: parse error before '.' token
> [...]
> > The offending part in /usr/include/pngconf.h is:
> > #    ifdef _SETJMP_H
> >       __png.h__ already includes setjmp.h;
> >       __dont__ include it again.;
> > #    endif
> >
> > Anyone have an idea what I need to do to fix this?
>
> Looks like RH8.0 libpng is incompatible? I think you need libpng-1.0.x,
> while the default in RH8 is 1.2.x. Try installing libpng10 and
> libpng10-devel. I'll try to work around this, but can't guarantee anything,
> because I have no access to any RH8 boxen and I'm not upgrading from 7.3 at
> least until 8.1 comes out.

I have all libs installed: libpng10, libpng10-devel, libpng and
libpng-devel. So having the 1.0 version installed doesn't solve it
either. Could it be that during ./configure the scripts do not check
specifically for libpng10(-devel) and thus include libpng assuming it is
the one MPlayer needs to build properly (the 1.0 version)?

Cheers,
Patrick