[MPlayer-users] [somewhat OT] GNU/Linux Media Player Roundup

Remco B. Brink remco at rc6.org
Thu Jan 23 13:30:21 CET 2003

Hi,

Quote form the article is remarkably positive actually:

  Mplayer - http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/

  This Mediaplayer is one of the more advanced players available. But
  unfortunately, it can be difficult to install I am going to leave it
  out of this review. Suffice to say if you want features and the best
  possible performance and don't mind reading howto's, this is probably
  the media player solution for you. But be warned, getting it installed
  can be more that what new Linux users can handle.

  Mplayer is distributed as "source only" for performance, legal and
  l337ness reasons.

--
   Remco B. Brink -- Information Systems Developer, Opera Software ASA
Personal site at http://rc6.org - PGP/GnuPG key at http://rc6.org/rbb.pgp

"Restraining orders are just another way of saying I love you."