[MPlayer-users] Any plans to support Nvidia tv-out (nvtv) ?

Steven Ellis pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 03:07:52 CET 2003

--- christopher j bottaro <cjb at cs.utexas.edu> wrote:
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> On Tuesday 21 January 2003 07:14 pm, Hakon G wrote:
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also
> read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >The manual says, about getting tv-out for nvidia
> cards:
> >
> > First, you MUST download the closed-source drivers
> from nvidia.com
>
> > That's a shame, I won't use that. But is there any
> chance that mplayer will
> >soon support the nvtv application (nv-tv-out @
> sourceforge.net) as xine
> >does?
> > I think that would be nice. With that, you will be
> able to switch on/off
> >tv-out any time without having to restart the X
> server. And you don't need
> >no closed-source drivers. Has anyone considered
> such an implementation?
> > I'm just asking, I wouldn't be able to help,
> because I'm not very good at
> >coding.
>

> > Cheers, Hakon
>
> whoa, why get an nvidia card then?  the close source
> drivers work
> wonderfully...at least for opengl stuff...=)  i
> mean, quake3 is unplayable
> with the vesa drivers with a geforce4...=/  also,
> with the newest versions of
> em, its pretty easy to set my tv as a seperate x
> screen.  so watching my
> divx's is a simple matter of invoking mplayer with
> -display :0.1.  my friends
> can watch em, while i work on my computer...its
> great...=)  well, the color
> is slightly off...

1. NV TV Out works with Open source and binary NVidia
drivers.
2. It supports a hell of a lot of cards
3. It can work with non dual-head older cards like my
trusty old tnt2-m64
4. It works.. It bloody well works :->

Great tool. Means I never had to reboot to watch
videos off mplayer. Plus I can pleasantly tweak a lot
of the TV features of the chipset.

On the fly support for MPlayer would be even better so
I don't have to start nvtv first.

Steve

=====
--
If you listen very carefully you can sometimes hear the dolphins sing

pinguellis at yahoo.co.uk