[MPlayer-users] can't find -npp lb in man pages

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jan 22 02:07:52 CET 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 06:49:09PM -0600, christopher j bottaro wrote:
> ahh cool, thanks.  now should i use it before or after scaling and cropping?
> i.e. -vop scale,crop=blahblah,pp=lb  (thats before, right?)
> or
> -vop pp=lb,scale,crop=blahblab  (and this is after, right?)

With deinterlacing, you can use whichever order you prefer. (BTW, yes,
you got the orders right.) However, with other postprocessing filters,
(for example pp=hb/vb/dr or something), it's very important to do them
FIRST, before any scaling or cropping.

> also, whats the difference between using -vop pp=lb and -vop lavcdeint?  if i
> use lavcdeint after scaling and cropping, mencoder crashes.  and if i use it
> before, the resulting divx is unwatchable...=(

-vop lavcdeint is totally broken. I keep asking if it's ok to remove
it but no one responds. Perhaps I'll just go ahead and remove it and
see if anyone complains. BTW, for the same functionality you can use
-vop pp=fd. Run mplayer -pphelp for a list of all postprocessing
options including several deinterlacers. pp=lb is probably the best
one tho.

Rich