[MPlayer-users] Re: -ac hwac3 broken? It did work with an older

Michael Mauch michael.mauch at gmx.de
Wed Jan 22 00:08:46 CET 2003

Marc Packenius wrote:

> Arpi  <arpi at thot.banki.hu> schreibt:
>
> >> Yes, now I see your posting, too.
>
> > please test CVS now, i hope i've fixed it
>
> Doesn't work for me. Output and gdb bt attached.

It doesn't work for me with the latest CVS, neither. It works as soon as
I comment out that "free(sh_audio->afilter)" two lines after the line

      mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER,MSGL_ERR,"Couldn't find matching filter / ao format! -> NOSOUND\n");

like so:

      if(sh_audio->afilter){
          /* free(sh_audio->afilter); */ sh_audio->afilter=NULL;
      }

This essentially the same as Arpi told me when he said I should try to
add that "sh_audio->afilter=NULL;".

I looks like this sh_audio->afilter is a dangling pointer (in this
case), and freeing it is bad. But I don't know where this pointer should
get initialized.

Regards...
		Michael