[MPlayer-users] -ac hwac3 broken? It did work with an older version

Marc Packenius marc at freenet-rz.de
Mon Jan 20 21:08:32 CET 2003

Michael Mauch <michael.mauch at gmx.de> schreibt:

> I'm trying to play the AC3 trailers from
> <http://thierry.levessel.free.fr/videos/videos.html> using an external
> decoder via SPDIF. With the latest CVS, MPlayer dies. Without -ac hwac3,
> MPlayer plays the file without problems (but only in stereo).

[...]

> Since the working version was very old, should I try to narrow it down
> with "cvs -D ..."?

I already reported this, CVS-030118-03:44 is the last version that
worked for me.

Now we're three -hwac3 users. Is that already the critical mass for bug
reports? ;)

Regards,
--
Marc Packenius @ 4P | Zentrale Seitenauslieferung, Düsseldorf

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level
I'm really quite busy.