[MPlayer-users] what is deinterlacing for?

christopher j bottaro cjb at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 20 19:47:58 CET 2003

heh, i've already read that site.  along with another website called "myths
about deinterlacing".  i guess what i'm looking for is a very dumbed down
answer...=)  the latter site says that deinterlacing is good when creating
divx's, but bad when creating vcd's.  is this true?  also, what happens when
you try to deinterlace something thats not interlaced?  also, one website
says that you deinterlace with mencoder with -npp -ci, but i couldn't find
those options in the mencoder manual, all i could find was -vop lavcdeint, is
that the right one to use?

thanks,
-- christopher