[MPlayer-users] OT Audio routing in TV capture?

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Mon Jan 20 17:03:02 CET 2003

Bradley Alexander wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 04:26, Balatoni Denes wrote:
>

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Hi!
>>
>>Maybe you accidentaly plugged the cable into mic in instead of line in :)
>>

>Thats the point. It wasn't accidentally. I _had_ to plug the cable into
>mic in, because that is the source that mencoder is using when recording
>from TV. The problem is that regardless of the volume options I pass to
>mencoder, the sound is distorted and overdriven. The two sliders that
>were suggested to control the mic in input in aumix, IGain and Mic, are
>already at zero.

IGain controls the recording volume of the current recording source. If
you turn it to zero, you will record silence. MEncoder does _nothing_
with the mixer, it just opens the audio device and reads data. Turn
IGain to 100%, select Line In as the recording source and run mencoder
(or cat /dev/dsp to see if it produces something)

Regards,

--
Jindrich Makovicka