[MPlayer-users] Dark video on DivX playback

Roland Häder mplayer at autoinstaller.de
Mon Jan 20 12:58:38 CET 2003

On Monday 20 January 2003 04:57, Chad Granum wrote:
> LOL!! I take it you do not understand cpu's, you don't enable 3dnow and
> sse2, sse2 is pentium 4 only, 3dnow is amd only, do not do any configure
> strings for cpu options, let it autodeect. remove the following:
Yupp, I didn't know that SSE2 is Pentium4-only. But I know that AMD has 3DNow!
because I have read it on the CPU itself (case!) and "cat /proc/cpuinfo"
returns me a lot but not SSE2.

> --enable-dga=2  <-- I guessed DGA2 is newer than DGA1 and so it maybe gaves
me a small boost.
> --enable-3dnow  <-- AMD
> --enable-mmx2  <-- Intel / AMD
> --enable-3dnowex  <-- AMD
> --enable-sse  <-- Intel / AMD
> --enable-sse2  <-- Intel
Ok, nice idea to leave sse2 out, because I have AMD here... :) and twice.

AMD MP 1.6 GHz (but runs on 1.4 GHz "only" because my mainboard get's sick
with faster frequencies than 1.4 GHz. But well, 2x 1.4 GHz is well enougth
for playing games or dnetc related things... :)

Chears,
  Roland

PS: Here's a module on my homepage will general hardware and software
informations:
http://www.autoinstaller.de/modules.php?module=my_hardware&lang=en