[MPlayer-users] .mov files with 0-bit RLE Animation Encoding support (when?)

TotER aNruF88 toter_anruf88 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 09:30:03 CET 2003

hi,

Apple released a web page containing a .mov streaming file (Steve Jobs as a
keynote at Macworld San Francisco 2003). The link is

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf03/

Viewing the page's source, I found the direct link:
http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jan/macworld/live/mwsf_28_56_100_250_ref.mov

When I tried to play it, MPlayer gave an error. Below follows a part of it:
------------------
Opening video decoder: [qtrle] Quicktime Animation (RLE) decoder
*** FYI: This Quicktime file is using 0-bit RLE Animation encoding, which is
not yet supported by MPlayer. But if you upload this Quicktime file to the
MPlayer FTP, the team could look at it.
VDecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x20656C72.

I used MPlayer 0.90rc3 to play it. Does anyone know when Mplayer will come
with 0-bit RLE A. E. support?

Thanks in advance,

thiago.