[MPlayer-users] OT Audio routing in TV capture?

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Mon Jan 20 02:20:27 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 04:01, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:

> This is not matter of mencoder. It's necessary to set an appropriate
> recording device in the mixer. The recording level is specified with the
> "IGain" slider (when using OSS) or by "Capture" when using ALSA.

I'm using the OSS drivers, and the IGain slider in aumix as well as the
mic in slider  are at 1 and 0 respectively when recording. That is part
of what is confusing me. How can my sound be overdriven in mencoder when
there should be nearly no input coming through the sound card from the
tv capture card? And I am able to control the volume with xawtv using
aumix's Mic slider.

Ideas?

Thanks,
--