[MPlayer-users] mencoder sound from alternate source

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jan 20 01:53:52 CET 2003

Hi Chad!

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 04:15:57PM -0800, Chad Granum wrote:
> Now I am trying to rip from tv. I get the video just fine, but the
> sound will not rip.

Have you got the mixer settings right?  Hearing it does not help, you
also have to specify Line (or whatever) as capture device.  If you
have done so, you should be able to record the tv sound with any audio
recorder.  Only if that works, but mencoder fails, is it mencoder's
problem.

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/