[MPlayer-users] Subtitle Question

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Sun Jan 19 19:26:48 CET 2003

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 01:17:33PM -0500, D Richard Felker III spake thus:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 11:49:36AM -0600, Ed Fisher wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 07:32:47AM -0500, Matt spake thus:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > MPlayer uses semi-transparent white text for DVD subtitles, whereas most other
> > > programs (or set-top players) use solid yellow text. I find that I prefer the
> > > yellow text. So the question is: how can I change the color / transparency of
> > > MPlayer's subtitle text?
> > >
> > >  -Matt
> >

> This has nothing to do with Matt's question. To Matt, the answer is
> that you can't, right now. If you want this feature, either wait, or
> send a patch that implements it in a way that's optional and that
> doesn't seriously impact performance.
>
> Rich

But it *does* have something to do with his question.  He wanted not
only to change the color, but to change the transparency.  I told him
how to change the transparency.

The inclusion of information on how to change the intensity of the
current white was simply extra, in case he wanted to use it.

Indeed, even the bg color entry mentioned that "mplayer subtitles are
greyscale for now" or something along those lines.

-ed

--
Quantum Mechanics is God's version of "Trust me."