[MPlayer-users] Playing DVD with hwac3: very low framerate

Marc Packenius marc at freenet-rz.de
Sun Jan 19 11:59:11 CET 2003

Arpi  <arpi at thot.banki.hu> schreibt:

>> Thanks a lot, alsa9 seems to be doing the trick for me: I get 5.1 sound
>> and decent framerates. I need an audio offset of 200-300ms now, but I
>> seem to remember reading about this here in the last few days, so I'll
>> just wait for that patch to make it into CVS.

> it's in the cvs sinec 2 days

Bummer, since I updated last night before building mplayer with alsa
support. I guess I'll be back with this when I've had the chance to
watch a couple of DVDs - I'm not sure yet about the value of the offset
and whether it's the same for all DVDs (after posting about 200-300ms
last night, I played around with a different DVD and arrived at '-delay
-0.150').

My current command line for DVD w/ 5.1:

  mplayer -delay -0.150 -noslices -framedrop -vm -fbmode PAL
          -cache 16384 -vop expand=$WIDTH:$HEIGHT,scale=$WIDTH:$HEIGHT
          -sws 0 -alang en,de -bpp 32 -double -menu -autosync 100
          -ao alsa9 -ac hwac3 -vo fbdev -fb $FRAMEBUFFER -fixed-vo $*

Thanks for your help - and thanks for mplayer!
--
Marc Packenius @ 4P | Zentrale Seitenauslieferung, Düsseldorf

Life is not fair. But the root password helps.