[MPlayer-users] OT Audio routing in TV capture?

Bradley Alexander storm at tux.org
Sun Jan 19 06:59:45 CET 2003

I don't think this is an mencoder problem, but based on prior
experience, I suspect this is the best forum to get a correct answer.

I'm doing tv capture through webvcrplus using mencoder. My machine has a
WinTV card with an audio out cable plugged into a SoundBlaster Live 5.1
Platinum card.

The thing thats strange is the way the audio is handled. I originally
had the tv card line out plugged into the line in on the sound card.
However, when using mencoder, it records from the mic in on the sound
card. In the latter case, however, the sound comes out on  the mencoded
avi seriously overdriven to the point of being distorted. I have tried
setting the volume in the lameopts portion of the command line, setting
the volume= in the -tv options, and setting the level in aumix (it was
set to zero). How is mencoder grabbing the audio, and how do I manage
the levels on it?

The command line I am using for mencoder is

mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:width=352:height=240:input=0:device=/dev/video0:norm=NTSC:chanlist=us-cable:volume=20000:channel=#STATION# -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=#FFMPEGCODEC#:vbitrate=#VBITRATE# -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:vol=3:br=#ABITRATE# -endpos #TIME# -o "#OUTPUT#"

I have tried the -tv :volume= at 32768 and 20000, and the lameopts vol=
from 7 down to 3 and it seems to have no effect on the audio levels that
go into the avi. Can anyone clear me up on this?

Thanks,
--
--Brad
Bradley M. Alexander                |