[MPlayer-users] Playing DVD with hwac3: very low framerate

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jan 18 19:19:02 CET 2003

Hi,

>   mplayer -vm -fbmode PAL -cache 16384
>     -vop expand=$WIDTH:$HEIGHT,scale=$WIDTH:-2 -sws 2 -alang en,de -bpp 32
>     -double -menu -autosync 30 -ao oss -ac hwac3 -vo fbdev -fb $FRAMEBUFFER
>     -fixed-vo -aid 128 -v -dvd 1

it's ok

> Using these options (after 'emu-script' did some setup magic) I do get
> perfect Dolby Surround 5.1 sound - but the video frame rate seems to be
> about 3 frames per second while audio is playing. When the audio stream

sounds like buggy OSS driver (not surprising). try -autosync 100, if still
not ok, then try other driver (there are at least 3 for sblive, alsa9,
oss(kernel), oss(creative)).

i don't know which one worked correctly with hwac3, see list archives, it was
on topic recently.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team