[MPlayer-users] Plugin Problems and MPlayer Performance

RobZaich at netscape.net RobZaich at netscape.net
Sat Jan 18 06:09:33 CET 2003

Greetings.

I seem to have discovered two flaws recently.  One is with the MPlayer Plugin and the other is with MPlayer's performance.  The version of MPlayer I got is 0.9rc2.

About the plugin, I tried to play Windows Media Player files with Mozilla, but the streaming video is ASX, not ASF.  That has to be modified for the plugin.  Also, when I tried to load up QuickTime movies, the movie wouldn't even load up.  The browser I used was Mozilla 1.3 Alpha.

The other problem concerns MPlayer's performance.  When I was playing some DivX movies, I always got the error message saying my computer was too slow.  But Xine could play those files flawlessly, even on a 525 MHz Pentium III.  Does anyone know why this is?

Any comments on these two issues would be appreciated.

Sicerely yours,
Robert Zaichkowski