[MPlayer-users] deinterlacer performance?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Thu Jan 16 17:19:23 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:10:27PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > MGA can do deinterlacing in hardware according to the docs, but it's
> > not implemented in mga_vid driver right now. I might work on adding
> > support for it sometime, especially if anyone else is interested. This
> > would of course mean realtime deinterlacing with no cpu cost, but I
>
> syncfb implements that, but it isn't real deinterlacing, just upscaling of
> fields to frames and offset every second source field by a half pixel to
> avoid bobbing fx.

IMHO that would look quite good, although not as good as real
deinterlacing.

> > think it might make triple buffering difficult or impossible (=>
> > shearing) so I'm not sure if it's worthwhile.
>
> impossible without irq
> with irq handler it can be done.

Did you read my post on -dev-eng about this? I enabled irq in the
interlaced modes support patch, which scales fields separately, but I
had a few issues... For example the kernel kept shutting off my irq at
vc change. :(

Rich