[MPlayer-users] PATCH for testing - fixes DVD delay?

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Thu Jan 16 00:30:12 CET 2003

Am Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2003 03:04 schrieb Arpi:

> Ok i've found a possible problem, around the mpeg-es demuxer's buffering.
> Here's a first try to fix, please test it (i have only a few discs and i
> can't really see that delay, at least sometimes 0 seems to be ok sometoimes
> -200ms... but probably it's just me or badly mastered disc)
>
> patch:  http://mplayerhq.hu/~arpi/dvd/pts-try1.diff
>
> NOTE: i suspect another delay too, caused by B frames, so you may still
> need to add 3 frames delay (-120ms for 24/25fps pal, -100ms for 30fps ntsc)
> manually _after_ applied the above patch. but i hope this delay is at least
> constant, or may depend on fps only.
> (so _imho_ the above patch won't fix the delay but will make it constant,
> but it's all speculation!)

Yes! AV-Sync is much better for me now. Compared rc2 against CVS. DVD: Diana
Krall - Live In Paris, played through xvidix+hwac3. Here and there I suspect
another 100ms missing but maybe it's just my imagination and/or wishful
thinking. It might even be my hardware, since CPU+IO are pushed to it's
boundaries with this DVD. As a matter of fact vidix is the only driver which
is fast enough.

Celeron 466MHz + ATI chip

Marcus