[MPlayer-users] Re: My System Is Too Slow

Ketil Z. Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Tue Jan 14 10:06:45 CET 2003

Patrick Debois <Patrick.Debois at sos.be> writes:

> If you install the one from Nvidia itself, that the option is disabled in
> the XF86Config file, but it works ;-)

+1

I use the NVidia binary drivers, and get great performance, both with
Xv and 3d.

> Please note that users have complains about the drivers, i personally have
> none.

I do (did?  I recently upgraded, and don't know if it persists)
occasionally have problems with X crashing.  (I have a KDM login that
starts Xine (yeah, yeah, I know -- I'm switching to MPlayer more or
less as we speak :-), and occasionally, it fails and dumps me back
into KDM on the first attempt, but the second usually works)

The problems are rare, though, and I think a lot of the criticism you
see is political, rather than technical.  Like everybody else, I do
wish they'd release driver source, though.

-kzm