[MPlayer-users] help with *.vob encoding + seeking inside 1st VOB

Dark Avenger adonis at linuxmail.org
Tue Jan 14 09:20:32 CET 2003

Hi,

I have the entire DVD contents dumped to HDD. Now I want to encode them but not in multiple AVI's but one big one.

Of course I have been reading the mailing lists + docs for hours, but I can't figure it out.

Trying "cat *.vob | mencoder bla bla -"  does not seem to work. It only takes the very first .vob as input and ignores the rest

Also, assuming I'm doing something wrong (please tell me!!) and I get it working, is there a way I can SEEK inside the 1st vob only!! (because it contains a movie trailer I don't want)

Lastly: isn't this the reason the IFO files are there? Is there any way we can use them to tell us how to play the movie with mplayer/mencoder?

Thanks in advance