[MPlayer-users] Divx4?

Ronald Castillo ronaldace2 at cantv.net
Sun Jan 12 22:17:00 CET 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 22:12, you wrote:

> On Sunday 12 January 2003 22:03, you wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Btw the support for the now obsolote (open)div4 was removed.
> >
> > > I thought I had read somewhere that Divx4 support had been removed, but
> > > it seems that isn't true.
> > >
> > > What lavcopts do I have to use to make it work with Divx4? I have
> > > always tried using vcodec=mpeg4.  Is this what I have to change?  I
> > > have tried seaching the docs with no luck, I guess I've searched at the
> > > wrong places.
> >
> > In the man I found
> > vcodec=mpeg4 for DivX 4/5
> > vcodec=msmpeg4 for DivX 3
> >
> > Also DOCS/tech/libavc-options.txt might help.
> >
> > bye
> > denes
>
> Tried again using mpeg4 but for some reason the player still says it can't
> play the file because it's of an incompatible type, so I guess I'll just
> keep trying.
>
> Does anyone encode movies for use with PocketDivx?
>
> Thanks for all for your help.
>
> Ronald

By the way, the exact commands I use with Mencoder are:

mencoder input.mpeg -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=1 -vop rotate=2,scale -zoom -xy 320 -o test45.avi

mencoder input.mpeg -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vpass=2 -vop rotate=2,scale -zoom -xy 320 -o test45.avi

hope this helps...