[MPlayer-users] geometry option working?

Darryl Luff darryl at snakegully.nu
Sat Jan 11 14:56:36 CET 2003

Hi, I've been trying to use the -geometry xx:yy option to
mplayer/gmplayer, but it seems to be ignored. Whatever I specify the
video window comes up center screen. I've tried all the supported -vo
options for my machine but it doesn't seem to make a difference. And I
tried putting geometry = 100:100 into ~/.mplayer/config and it didn't
make any difference.

In the source (geometry.c) there is an error message that should be
displayed if the -geometry format is wrong, and the player should exit,
but that isn't happening. Even if I specify \mplayer -geometry
somerubbish ...'. It's like the geometry code isn't being called at all.

I'm using the RPMS's from freshrpms.net on redhat 8.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Darryl